ECtools Advanced NonLinear facilitates the assessment/retrofitting of existing r/C and masonry buildings and the review/checking of the design of a new building. It also includes all the ECtools basic features.
ECtools Advanced NonLinear includes:
- Full design procedure according to EC2 and EC8, which includes
- Design of R/C linear elements
- Design of R/C shell elements for walls
- Separate editor for RC walls which includes all the specific characteristics (edge columns, minimum dimensions etc)
- Current European Concrete and Seismic code (EC2 and EC8).
- Shear capacity design
- Joints capacity design
- Torsional response checks
- Check for avoiding capacity design of joints
- Storey displacements and drifts checks
- Calculation of seismic joint with adjacent buildings
- Check for P-δ effects
- Unreinforced or Reinforced masonry wall design (shell elements) according to EC6.
- Preparation of the static nonlinear analysis (pushover) model by inserting the nonlinear hinges according to the results of the design and FEMA356 guidelines(ETABS only).
- Section designer NOUS that permits the design of arbitrary complex R/C wall or column sections using Scia Engineer or ETABS analysis results (3d integration of shell element stresses to Internal forces of the complex section)
- Design of rehabilitated R/C or masonry sections with separate materials for the core existing section and the jacket section. (includes jacket templates)
Eurocodes ECtools versions comparison